Western Colorado Fruit & Wine: A Bountiful History. The History Press, 2015.
Magazine & Newspaper:
(assignments in progress to be added upon publication)
- “Dedicated to Your Day,” Laurel Highlands Magazine, Spring/Summer 2021, (pgs 18-21)
- “Love is in the Air,” Laurel Highlands Magazine, Spring/Summer 2020, (pgs 24-26)
- “A Natural Pairing: Palisade’s Art and Agriculture,” Relocating to Colorado’s Grand Valley, 2018/2019. (pgs 80-82)
- “Glade Park Horse Sanctuary,” Relocating to Colorado’s Grand Valley, 2018/2019.
- “Tee It Up,” Relocating to Colorado’s Grand Valley, 2017/2018 (pp.26-28).
- “Going Within,” Aspen Sojourner, Summer 2015. (Retitled after publication for online presence.)
- “Community Cornerstone,” Aspen Sojourner, Midwinter 2014.
- “A Naturalist, Naturally,” Northwoods Woman Magazine, January/February 2010.
- “Ms. Maestro,” Northwoods Woman Magazine, March/April 2009.
- “Who Am I,” Irish American Post, May 2003.
- “Monitor Your Child’s Development,” Craig Daily Press, June 2001.
- “The Delta Society,” The Bark: The Modern Dog Culture Magazine, Summer 2000.
- “Neighbors of Note,” Steamboat Magazine, Centennial Issue- Summer/Fall 2000 (Co-authored)
- “When Different is the Same,” Exceptional Parent Magazine, Education Issue-September 2000. (excerpt in EDUCATING EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN By Samuel Kirk, James Gallagher, Mary Ruth Coleman, Nicholas J. Anastasiow)
- “Satisfying the Curious,” Exceptional Parent Magazine, December 2000.
- “Who’s Keeping an Eye on Development in the Enchanted Valley?” Steamboat Pilot, November 25, 1998.
- “Suspended Belief,” Dust and Fire, 2010.
- “Watershed,” Dust and Fire, 2010.
- “Seventh Inning Stretch,” The Talking Stick: Volume 18, 2009.
- “Transplant,” The Talking Stick: Volume 16, 2007.
- “Butch, the Horse Who Believed in my Daughter,” Angel Horses with a Mission, New World Library, 2009.
- “What is Medical Home,” and “Implementing Early Education,” specials to the Yampa Valley Medical Center newsletter for physicians.
- Wrote, edited, published, “Advocate Avenue,” a regional newsletter distributed (two times yearly) by Colorado school districts to over 700 families per issue.
- “Learning from My Child,” Parent to Parent of Colorado newsletter.
- Grant and proposal writing for non-profits.
- Developed seven-week public awareness newspaper campaign on brain development.
- Developed a county resource directory brochure for disability services.
- Developed and Coordinated “The Advocate’s Toolbox” series for caregivers through Western Colorado Community College.
2nd Place award for “In Disguise,” (adapted excerpt from memoir in progress) in the Angel Horses with a Mission contest and publication in anthology by New World Library.
Honorable Mention for “The Newcomer,” in the Personal Essay category of the Writer’s Digest 1999 writing competition.
Honorable Mention for introduction to Normal: A Mythical Memoir, (memoir in progress) in the Flash Fiction category of the National League of American Pen Women, Nob Hill, Soul Making Competition.